Do you love oil-based pasta? I do!
What i love about these pasta is it requires just a few ingredients.
Plus, cooking takes literally minutes!
I make Aglio Olio pasta during weeknights, after work because it's fairly simple to cook.
|My Aglio Olio|
- Olive oil (60 ml)
- Pepper flakes (1 tbsp or more if you like it spicy)
- Garlic (1 whole head )
- Pasta (about 100 grams uncooked. I find this dish works best with angel hair pasta)
Here's how to cook it:
- Cook pasta according to directions, avoid overcooking pasta. For angel hair, it takes less than 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil on medium.
- Add pepper flakes. Mix for a bit until the oil is infused with pepper.
- Add minced garlic, carefully not to burn it.
- Fry the pepper and garlic for about 2 minutes, but avoid browning the garlic.
- Dunk your strained pasta into the oil. Mix well, making sure every strand is coated with oil.
- Optional: sprinkle shaved parmesan cheese or lemon zest or both.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread.
The key here folks is to prep all your ingredients before cooking. Once you've heated the oil you can't pause just to mince garlic or pepper flakes. If you leave theses spices on heated oil, they can easily get burnt, making you pasta bitter.